Local Food Systems
• Consumer education campaigns (Buy Fresh Buy Local)
• Sales presentation packets
• Assistance in production planning
• Buyer/seller mixers
• Assistance with sales calls
• Food safety plan development and education about food safety regulations
• CAFF has also helped develop several aggregation hub projects and studies
This program brokers sales connections, provides marketing services, and eliminates typical barriers standing in the way of farmers bringing their products to market.
CAFF recently co-authored a paper about a values-based supply chain. Download the full paper here.
On May 13, the “Farm Fresh Healthcare Project” How-to Guide was released. It is the result of a collaboration between the CAFF and Health Care Without Harm (HCWH). Click here to download the How-To Guide, which presents insights from the Farm Fresh Healthcare Project in hopes of providing guidance for other farm-to-institution initiatives. We are grateful for the support of the Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit program for making this project possible.