Website Agricultural Institute of Marin
Position Title: Bounty Box Assistant/Delivery Driver
Reports To: Community Programs Manager
Supervision Requirements: None
Job Status: Part-time, hourly (non-exempt) status, app. 11 hours/week
Pay Range: $19.55 to $26.45/Hour
Most new employees will start at the bottom of the pay range for their job classification.
Work Schedule: Every Thursday approximately 7:15 am- 3:45 pm at the Marin Civic Center Farmers Market, and approximately 3 hours per week on program assistance, Wednesdays, at the AIM office and/or virtually.
The Agricultural Institute of Marin is an educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in San Rafael, California. AIM’s mission is to educate, inspire, and connect communities, responsible farmers and producers as part of a healthy, Earth-friendly, equitable local and regional food system. We envision a responsible food and farming system that is environmentally beneficial, economically viable, and socially just. AIM serves 400+ farmers, food purveyors, and artisans from 40 California counties who participate in AIM’s Certified Farmers Markets in the cities of Hayward, Newark, Oakland, Point Reyes, San Rafael, and San Francisco. AIM also provides hands-on and virtual education programs to thousands of children and adults, operates a farm audit program, runs a mobile market for older adults and underserved communities, curates a multi-farm produce box program, and operates CalFresh/EBT and Market Match services to create a healthier, equitable food system across the San Francisco Bay Area.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
AIM embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
The Bounty Box Assistant assures the smooth operation of AIM’s Bounty Box produce box program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists with farmers market Bounty Box operations, including: setting up and breaking down Bounty Box tents, picking up produce from market participants, assembling and packing produce in boxes, and loading boxes into customer vehicles
• Assists with fulfilling and processing orders by customers, including swiping EBT and credit cards
• Delivers produce boxes to community centers in low food access neighborhoods, following route schedule, including securing and unloading boxes from a van, and tracking proof of delivery forms
• Follows route schedule
• Supports Bounty Box administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: weekly insert design; recipe and produce spotlight research; miscellaneous administrative tasks
• Drives company van safely and follows all traffic ules and restrictions
• Responds to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Helps solve problems and improve Bounty Box production
• Helps ensure customer retention and satisfaction
• Maintains excellent relations with market participants, volunteers, shoppers, and staff
• Assists Community Programs Staff and Site leads with any other tasks that need to be accomplished
This position requires regularly lifting 50+ lbs
Must be at least 21 years of age, have valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
Excellent communication, problem-solving and organization skills, detail-oriented
Proficient in MS Office 365 Suite, Canva experience preferred, ability to learn new software
Ability to maintain calm, handle details and multi-task in a busy environment
Self-starter with outgoing, sunny personality with a sense of humor
Energetic, active person who is also a team player who takes direction well
Excellent punctuality and attendance
Ability to work Thursdays, and Tuesday or Wednesday
Other Physical Demands
Ability to maintain clean and sanitary conditions, in a busy environment
Sitting, walking, standing, twisting and bending for extended periods of time
General understanding and/or sincere interest in food, nutrition and farming
Please apply through AIM Website with a cover letter, resume and list of 2-3 references. The position is open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.agriculturalinstitute.org.