Website Allensworth Progressive Association
Administrative Assistant TAC Teaching and Innovative Farm Lab
The town of Allensworth, California, was named after Colonel Allen Allensworth. He was an escaped
slave who served in the Union’s military during the Civil War. At the time of his retirement, he was the
highest-ranking African- American in the Army.
Colonel Allensworth co-founded the Allensworth township in 1908 as California’s first and only African-
American farming township. The Allensworth community believed in and thrived on the concept of self-
reliance. Allensworth follows the ideals of Booker T. Washington, George Washington Carver, and
Tuskegee Institute, which are based on education, innovation, and access to farming techniques for all
members of society.
About TAC Teaching and Innovation Farm
TAC Teaching and Innovation Farm’s mission is to build a sustainable food and farming ecosystem at
Allensworth. This includes supporting people, land, and animals in Allensworth and Tulare County. TAC
Teaching and Innovation Farm aspires to be an economic engine for Allensworth. The farm is dedicated
to encouraging and supporting aspiring farmers in the region to start their own farms or farm careers.
TAC Farm Lab Administrative Assistant Description
The Administrative Assistant is employed full-time based in Allensworth. The Administrative Assistant
will report to the TAC Farm General Manager. Administrative assistant works closely with TAC Farm Lab
General Manager to organize work, create correspondence and prepare reports or documents. The
position controls a range of clerical tasks, including managing calendars, organizing correspondence, and
preparing Grant reports. Administrative assistants may also be responsible for helping to plan events,
staff training. The responsibilities for this position include the following:
● Proficient in Office 365, Google Workspace, and Zoom applications.
● Accurately applies activities to budgets and grant deliverables.
● Processes and tracks staff activity reports and travel account statements with essential
supportive documentation needed to approve reimbursements.
● Prepares, sorts, organizes, and maintains electronic files on Google Drive; recommend
organizational methods and updates to office practices to enhance efficiency
● Reviews and edits files, documents, and forms (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe
PDF) for accessibility
● Helps to coordinate and schedule job interviews and employee onboarding
● Maintains administrative action logs and task lists using Asana, Microsoft Excel, and Google
● Prepares and configures conference rooms, workstations, and common areas to
effectively conduct the business TAC Teaching and Innovation Farm Lab
Prepares and completes shipments and regular mailing.
● Answers TAC Farm Lab’s main phone line and email; tracks inquiries and ensures timely
● Determines and refers inquiries of visitors or callers to appropriate APA staff members
● Effectively maintains an individual email and calendar and has daily responsibilities in one or
more shared mailboxes, including scheduling meetings with or on behalf of Farm Lab team
members as requested
● Schedules virtual meetings with appropriate settings based on the meeting requirements
● Takes thorough real-time meeting notes using Google Docs when requested
● Receives, confirms, processes, and tracks necessary monthly invoices in collaboration with APA
● Completes job-related training as assigned; requests training when needs are self-identified
● Regularly acts as a backup for another APA assistant in their absence
● Conducts inventory of physical assets and supplies
● Actively participates in virtual or in-person meetings; contributes perspectives from professional
or lived experience.
● Other duties as required
Candidate’s relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors
will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
Ability to work and communicate effectively and with tact, collaborating with APA staff and Board
members, community residents, consultants, and vendors.
Demonstrated ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and care.
Willingness to learn in a team environment and be part of a team.
Strong work ethic and dependability
Problem solver orientation
Pay Scale for this position is $21.00/Hour to $23.50/Hour or $43,680/Year to $48,880/Year, plus
Employee Benefits including a Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA),
Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA).
This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.