Website Allensworth Progressive Association
Allensworth Progressive Association (APA)
TAC Teaching and Innovation Farm Lab
Training Field Program Assistant
The Training Program Assistant reports to the Training Program Director to help maintain the one-acre training plot of TAC Teaching and Innovation Farm Lab. The Program Assistant will also help provide administrative and classroom support as well as be responsible for running a seasonal market with training program students. This position will have the opportunity to grow with the Training Program and the TAC Teaching and Innovation Farm Lab as skills and knowledge are developed.
● Assist with irrigation system maintenance
● Operate irrigation for training program field and propagation house/greenhouses
● Assist with field days
● Operate 2- and 4-wheel tractors when necessary – mowing, discing, seeding, etc.
● Harvesting crops in the field will not hold till training program students can harvest.
● Training program field weed management
● Training program field boundary maintenance
● Wash and pack maintenance when the training program uses the space
● Maintain compost systems on training program plot, including turning piles, recording temperatures,
Training Program Support
● Assist Training Program Manager with set up and take down of class
● Assist with farm tour preparation
● Track payments and honorarium for speakers
● Maintain a calendar of classes for internal and class use
● Provide backup instruction and class supervision
● Assist in the preparation and operation of events by the TAC Farm Training Program
● Support class recruitment efforts
● General administrative support including but not limited to follow-up emails, thank you cards for speakers, student tech support, buying and organizing supplies, printing materials for class, etc.
● Assist Training Director with partnership work to grow the program
● Assist Training Program Manager with running Explorer classes
● Research other locations to conduct the Explorer Course
● Provide support for TAC Teaching & Innovation Farm Lab programs when need arises
● Assist in maintaining organization and cleanliness in training program-utilized buildings, including wash and pack, dry storage, coolers, propagation house, and barn
● This position will be working in an office and outdoors.
● Potential exposure includes hazardous materials, loud noise, or extreme heat/cold as expected on a working farm.
● A class C license will be required for driving trucks and vans in the operation of a farm.
● Physical requirements include climbing, standing, stooping, and typing.
● Physical effort/lifting, up to 50 pounds
● Work schedule changes seasonally based on program needs including weekends, evenings, and early mornings as a regular part of the job.
● Travel may be required.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.