Website Bluebird Farm
Grown with Love
Farmer Job Description
Reports to: Malaika Bishop, farm owner
Job status: Full time hourly employee
Location: Nevada City, CA
About the Farm
Located in Nevada City, CA, Bluebird Farm specializes in high quality, nutrient dense, greens, culinary herbs and fresh seasonal flowers. We are dedicated to using sustainable growing methods to enhance the health of our land, build rich soil and provide the most delicious and beautiful food and flowers possible. Bluebird farm is in its first full growing season. We sell to restaurants, grocery stores, through veggie and flower shares, food hubs and direct to customer.
Summary of Position
The farmer joins a crew of 4 other farmers that work with the farm owner to do everything needed to run the farm. Activities include, seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigation, harvest, washing and packing produce, building, and driving deliveries. This position will work 7am-3pm (with potential for after hour deliveries) Monday-Friday through the end of October. If farmer excels in their first season, they may be offered permanent employment with the farm for the next growing season.
· Plants, cultivates, harvests, cleans, packs and delivers produce to buyers
· Maintains professional relationships with buyers for robust farm sales.
· Supports with maintenance and care of farm equipment, CCOF certification and record keeping.
Skills and Qualifications
· Farming experience a plus.
· A love for farming and physical labor with high motivation (background in sports a plus).
· Interest in farming as a career.
· Enthusiasm for successful cultivation of high quality produce.
· Can work outside and adapt to variable weather conditions and has physical stamina.
· Can lift equipment and materials necessary to complete farm tasks and activities
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Basic plumbing, carpentry, and small engine maintenance skills a plus
· Comfortable in demanding, high paced, fun work environment.
40 hours a week present until 10/31/2022
Compensation: Employee is non-exempt. $15/hour
How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter:
Attn: Malaika Bishop
Application deadline: rolling until filled
Start date: ASAP
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org