Website Center for Land-Based Learning
About the Center for Land-Based Learning:
The mission of the Center for Land-Based Learning is to inspire, educate, and cultivate future generations of farmers, agricultural leaders and natural resource stewards. We achieve this mission by providing experiential education programs for high school students (FARMS Program, SLEWS Program, and Caring for our Watersheds) and a beginning farmer training and development program (the California Farm Academy). These model programs provide hands-on experiences through which participants develop leadership skills and create connections to environmental, agricultural, and food system careers. Our programs span more than 30 California counties and reach over 2,000 people each year.
The Center for Land-Based Learning is seeking a full-time Program Manager for the Community Food Program, a program within the California Farm Academy (CFA). This position reports to the CFA Director and is responsible for all aspects of the Community Food Program. Duties will include managing the Mobile Farmers Market, maintaining and building relationships with current community partners, exploring and cultivating new partnership opportunities, working with beginning farmers in the region, internal and external communications, and program monitoring and evaluation. This position is based out of the Center for Land-Based Learning main office at 40140 Best Ranch Road, Woodland, and our satellite office at 400 Garden Street, West Sacramento (hybrid work option is a possibility).
- Oversee Mobile Farmers Market operations in West Sacramento, CA
- Manage the duties of the full-time Program Coordinator
- Design and supervise research projects related to Mobile Farmers Market
- Manage and expand the Community Food Ambassador project
- Design and implement the Healthy Retail Corner Store Project
- Oversee expansion of the Mobile Farmers Market into Woodland and other parts of Yolo County, including project design, implementing community partnerships, and site selection
- Research and write grants to sustain and grow the program
- Track and monitor program related grant deliverables
- Manage budgets and reporting requirements of grants awarded
- Document and communicate program accomplishments to funders
- Maintain partnerships with local community organizations, businesses, government offices, and other non-profit organizations leading to collaborative programming
- Explore and establish new community partnerships around urban farming, food access, healthy food, and identification of new markets for beginning and urban farmers
- Lead tours, agritourism events, community workdays, field trips and all other program public engagements
- Provide annual program-related updates to community partners
- Create annual program budget with the CFA Director
- Monitor and track program-related expenses in accordance with budget
- Coordinate and report financial transactions and recordkeeping with CLBL Administrative Department
- Work as part of the CFA team of Program Managers, which includes CFA Training Program, Farm Business Incubator Program, Apprenticeship Program, and Farm and Carbon Program, to develop opportunities that are synergistic and mutually beneficial to the CFA Program as a whole
The Program Manager should have an interest and passion in supporting the next generation of farmers, and ideally have a production agriculture background. In addition, the Manager should have demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining high-quality, community-based programs that engage multiple, diverse audiences and partners. This person will need to have excellent people skills, demonstrate a growth mindset, show creativity, and have the capacity to work on multiple projects at a time. The Program Manager should be organized, self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working effectively both alone and with a larger team.
- BS or Master’s in Agriculture, Community Development, Social Work or Social Science or some related field; or the equivalent combination of education and years of experience
- Minimum five years of experience working in program management, preferably with non-profit organizations; ideally has managed significant programs and staff (minimum of $300,000 annual budget, and two staff)
- Moderate to advanced computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office Suite, Google G Suite, web browsers, social media, and email
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; outstanding people skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills; detail oriented with high accuracy, and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Experience working with a non-profit or a community development program
- Experience and skills to work independently or within a team setting as situation requires
- Valid driver’s license required to fulfill job duties
- Community-based work experience
- Agricultural experience, either working directly on a farm or in an agricultural operation
Hours, Benefits, and Compensation:
The Program Manager is a full-time, Exempt position. The salary range is $60,000-70,000, depending on experience. This position includes medical, vision, and dental benefits, vacation, sick days and 13 paid holidays. CLBL also provides the opportunity to enroll in Flexible Health Spending Accounts, supplemental insurance through Colonial Insurance, and 401(K)/Roth IRA options.
Priority review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline for applications is October 14th, or until the position is filled. Send a cover letter and resume in an email with the subject “CFP Manager Position” to: Sri Sethuratnam, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The Center for Land-Based Learning provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com