Diversified Organic Farm
Doyle Farm – Assistant Manager Job Description
· Location: Doyle Farm, Dixon CA
· Hourly pay: $24/Hr + depending on experience
· Full-time (40 hrs/wk), schedule determined upon hiring (occasional weekends required)
· Competitive benefits package available after 1 month of employment
· We are seeking long-term team members interested in being professional farmers. Enthusiasm about sustainable agriculture, localized supply chains, and ecological approaches to food production is a plus.
· Vegetable production experience is a plus.
· Opportunities for advancement and career development will be readily available for those with a humble, team-oriented, and open mindset.
Doyle Farm is a 20-acre residence and working farm just outside of downtown Dixon. We currently produce pastured poultry, beef, tree fruit, vegetables, and cut flowers in an integrated, low-input system.
The assistant manager will help oversee all aspects of farm operations including livestock programs, vegetable production, fruit production, pasture management, infrastructure installation and maintenance, record keeping, supervision of farmhands, and harvest and delivery coordination. The assistant manager will also work alongside the farm manager in planning and executing new farm projects as well as working towards improving existing farm operations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
· Maintaining adequate food, water, and supplements for all livestock
· Moving animals in accordance with rotational grazing schedule
· Ensuring animal enclosures are secure and in good working order
· Regular visual checks on livestock health and wellbeing
· Moving and running mobile irrigation systems
· Maintaining clean and orderly farm buildings including livestock barns, office, storage rooms, barn kitchen, greenhouse, etc.
· Soil preparation: soil sampling, cover cropping, mowing, fertility management, tillage, bed shaping, etc.
· Vegetable production: seeding, transplanting, harvest, yield records, delivery, etc.
· Irrigation installation, function, and repair
· Weed management: mowing, weed whacking, hand weeding, hoeing, mulching, smothering, flame weeding, etc.
· Orchard production: pruning, suckering, thinning, harvest, etc.
· Employee supervision
· Light construction projects
· Debris removal and hauling
· Proper tool storage and maintenance
· Tractor operation and maintenance
· Various other non-specific tasks assigned by the farm manager
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com