Diversified Organic Farm
– Location: Doyle Farm, Dixon CA
– Hourly pay: $19/Hr + depending on experience
– Full-time (40 hrs/wk), schedule determined upon hiring (occasional weekends required)
– Competitive benefits package available after 3 months of employment
– We are seeking long-term team members interested in being professional farmers. Enthusiasm about sustainable agriculture, localized supply chains, and ecological approaches to food production is a plus.
– Vegetable production experience is a plus.
– Opportunities for advancement and career development will be readily available for those with a humble, team-oriented, and open mindset.
Doyle Farm is a 20-acre residence and working farm just outside of downtown Dixon. We currently produce pastured poultry, beef, tree fruit, vegetables, and cut flowers in an integrated, low-input, system.
Farm workers will assist with all aspects of farm operation and maintenance. Farmhands will report to and take direction from the Farm Manager. Work performed will be a combination of regular daily/weekly tasks in addition to specific assigned projects. Farmhands will be required to work with power tools, large machinery, livestock (including beef and poultry animals), and should be comfortable kneeling, squatting, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Training will be provided in order to ensure proper use of all equipment and the personal safety of all staff.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
– Maintaining adequate food, water, and supplements for all livestock
– Moving animals in accordance with rotational grazing schedule
– Ensuring animal enclosures are secure and in good working order
– Regular visual checks on livestock health and wellbeing
– Moving and running mobile irrigation systems
– Maintaining clean and orderly farm buildings including livestock barns, office, storage rooms, barn kitchen, greenhouse, etc.
– Soil preparation: soil sampling, cover cropping, mowing, fertility management, tillage, bed shaping, etc.
– Vegetable production: seeding, transplanting, harvest, yield records, delivery, etc.
– Irrigation installation, function, and repair
– Weed management: mowing, weed whacking, hand weeding, hoeing, mulching, smothering, flame weeding, etc.
– Orchard production: pruning, suckering, thinning, harvest, etc.
– Light construction projects
– Debris removal and hauling
– Proper tool storage and maintenance
– Tractor operation and maintenance
– Various other non-specific tasks assigned by the farm manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org