Website Fern Homestead
Regenerative Ag Internship
As part of our mission to to help other people get started in, and be successful at, small farming, Fern Homestead will offer one annual internship to run for each calendar year. Interns will be paid $18-25 per hour, depending on experience, and expected to work 2-6 hours per week. College credit is not offered for this internship, nor is college enrollment required.
- Engage in manual labor as needed, including shoveling manure, removing tree limbs, raking hay, fixing fence, and weeding.
- Observing best practices and appropriate farm behavior such as closing gates behind you, reporting injured animals, and avoiding contact with dangerous plants or animals.
- Identify your farm knowledge strengths and weaknesses and work to build your knowledge over the course of the internship, taking on greater responsibilities and projects.
In addition to a variety of farm duties, the intern is expected to identify a farm-related research topic and make progress on that topic throughout the course of the 1 year term. There is an option to plan and implement a real world on-farm project with guidance and support from mentors at Fern Homestead.
- Relevant farm experience, whether personal or professional.
- A passion for sustainability, regenerative farming, or small scale food production.
- A farm-related research interest you’d like guidance in pursuing.
- Ability to commit to 2-6 hours per week of on-farm work.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit fernhomestead.com.