Website Gathering Together Farm
Gathering Together Farm in Philomath, Oregon is seeking a part time produce delivery driver for our current Wednesday and Friday Portland area deliveries. We sell high quality organic produce to dozens of high-end restaurants and specialty grocery stores around the Portland metro area. The produce delivery driver speaks directly with chefs and produce buyers at restaurants and grocery stores around Portland, so we would be excited to find someone who is passionate about good food and organic agriculture – although delivery and driving competency is the utmost priority of the position. This
person should reside in the greater Philomath / Corvallis area. This position is Wednesday each week, 50 weeks per year. Possible additional hours available checking the products to invoice, loading the truck. Potential for other work on farm, based on seasonal needs.
compensation: $16-$18/hr starting wage, depending on experience
employment type: part-time / 1 day per week
Typical Hours: Wednesday 10-14 hrs
Optional hours: Tuesday 1-3 hrs check invoices + loading.
Potential local delivery driving work as farm needs.
** MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE A 24 FOOT BOX TRUCK WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSION! **
This position is primarily responsible for delivering customer orders in good condition while representing GTF in a positive, professional manner and providing great customer service. Experience with produce is highly desired, however not necessary.
• Ability to operate various sized vehicles, up-to 24 ft. box truck in the busy streets of Portland, both automatic and manual.
• Delivers GTF orders following an assigned route schedule on Wednesdays each week.
• Answers customer questions about GTF produce and services or refers customer to appropriate staff as needed.
• Follows through on customer requests.
• Completes required documentation, receipts from pickups for farm supplies, collect payments for invoices for produce delivered.
• Communicates any quality or order discrepancies to appropriate office staff as needed.
• Completes pre-trip truck inspections and reports any mechanical problems to supervisor
• Optional Hours: Verifies product to invoice and loads truck Tuesday afternoon at our farm in Philomath in preparation for Wednesday deliveries.
• Language – English Fluency required. Spanish Fluency is an advantage.
• Driving experience – able to operate a 24 ft. box truck, both automatic and manual.
• A valid Oregon Driver’s License as well as a farm endorsement on your license (this can be obtained after hire).
• Knowledge of the Portland Metro area
• The ability to lift 50 lb.
• Requires a High School diploma or equivalent
Skills and Competencies Required:
• Customer Focus
• Safe driving record
• Effective Time Management
• High Integrity and Trustworthiness
• Timely/Quality Decision Making
• Problem Solving
• Great teamwork
• Excellent Communication skills–Verbal and Written
Please email a cover letter, and attach a completed application and your resume as two separate documents to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Portland Deliveries Driver” in the subject line. Please do not call about
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com