Website Healthy Hearts Institute
Mission and Purpose
Healthy Hearts Institute’s (HHI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, mission is to empower individual and community transformation through Health and Wellness.
We seek a full-time Farm Manager to manage our 1.5-acre Farm located in Pittsburg, CA. The ideal candidate will be friendly, energetic, purpose driven, and committed to the mission and vision of Healthy Hearts Institute. This candidate will have regenerative or organic urban farming experience, a Bachelors in Agriculture or related degree, or a minimum of 5-years farming experience. Candidate should have a commitment to working toward health equity, environmental sustainability and social justice.
The Farm Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to direct and manage the planning and operation of all farming activities and programs, with a secondary focus of helping to provide oversight of the community garden.
Starting salary is $30 per hour. We offer paid vacation, holidays, and health benefits
- Effective leadership, managerial and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs+ pounds
- Ability to push or pull wheelbarrow of 15-100lbs
- Ability to create crop plan and crop rotation schedules
- Demonstrated record keeping of farming tasks and production
- Proficient knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers etc.)
- Manage the daily and weekly operations of the Farm
- Ensure produce is grown, harvested, and stored for quality and safety
- Maintain records of farming tasks and production
- Manage and forecast the seasonal and multi-year operations of the Farm
- Train and manage farm assistants, apprentice, interns and volunteers
- Monitor and evaluate farm programs, document performance, recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness
- Meet and maintain Food Safety Plan and organic certification requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org