Website Kibo Farm
Kibo Farm (www.kibosonoma.com) is seeking two hardworking and enthusiastic people to join us for the 2023 season, from April/May through the end of November, 3 days per week.
We are a small, 4-acre family farm located on Sonoma Mountain about a 15-minute drive from Santa Rosa. The farm is on the property of Belden Barns Winery (www.beldenbarns.com). Our focus is producing unique, high quality fruit and vegetables following organic principles and practices. We specialize in interesting varieties, particularly Asian vegetables as well as storage crops like heirloom dry corn and beans. We also manage 1.5-acres of diverse tree fruit, primarily heirloom apples for cider. We sell our produce wholesale through F.E.E.D. Cooperative and our dry goods and cider to Belden Barns’ customers on-site. We are passionate about producing delicious food and sharing our knowledge about farming.
The 2023 crew will work closely with farm owners Jenny & Vince to transplant, harvest, wash and pack produce. Other tasks will include soil preparation, weeding and irrigating, as well as some greenhouse and orchard work. The work can be strenuous, especially during the hottest days of the season, but also a lot of fun. We are looking for people who have a genuine interest in food production, love working collaboratively, and enjoy physical work outside.
Experience & Qualifications
- Genuine interest in farming, with at least one season of production farming experience preferred
- Strong communication skills and an upbeat, positive attitude
- Able to work well with others and also independently, while maintaining energy and focus
- Able to work efficiently and meet quality standards
- Capable of repetitive physical work over varied terrain – can bend and kneel, work outside for long hours in a variety of weather conditions, and lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Willingness to apply oneself where needed and take direction and feedback well
- Committed to working the full season
- Punctual with reliable transportation (there is no public transit to our location)
Schedule: April/May through the end of November, three days per week (Mon, Thurs, Fri).
Hours: 8-9 hours per day (24-36 hours per week)
Compensation: $17.00+/hour DOE. We do not have on-farm housing to offer but we can provide plenty of fresh produce.
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete this brief job application: https://forms.gle/4e9MeqVH9XSvxi2d8
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com