Website Kibo Farm
Kibo Farm is looking for a hardworking, fun farmer to join our team.
Kibo Farm (www.kibofarm.com) is a small family farm located in Sonoma County, California on Sonoma Mountain about a 15-minute drive from Santa Rosa. The farm is on the property of Belden Barns Winery (www.beldenbarns.com). Our focus is producing unique, high quality fruits and vegetables, following organic principles and practices. We specialize in interesting varieties, particularly Asian vegetables and storage crops like heirloom milling corn and dry beans, on 2 acres. We also manage 2 acres of diverse tree fruit, primarily heirloom apples for cider. We sell our produce wholesale through F.E.E.D. Cooperative and sell our dry goods and cider to Belden Barns’ customers on-site. We are passionate about producing delicious food and sharing our knowledge about farming.
The field hand position will primarily involve transplanting and harvesting, along with washing and packing produce. Other tasks may include weeding, irrigation management and some orchard work.
We are looking for someone with a good work ethic and a positive attitude. The job can be strenuous (but fun!) and we’re looking for someone who can deliver without sacrificing attention to detail or quality of work; moving quickly, safely and efficiently. The best candidates for this position have a genuine interest in food production and enjoy physical labor and working outside.
- Genuine interest in farming with a desire to grow skills and knowledge (ideally, at least one year of farming experience)
- Enjoy and able to do physically demanding work – comfortable over varied terrain; lift and carry 50 lbs., bend and kneel; work outside for long hours sometimes in inclement weather (heat, rain, etc.)
- Ability to hustle and working efficiently
- Ability to focus on quality with attention-to-detail while performing repetitive tasks
- Upbeat and positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Willingness to be flexible, apply oneself where needed, and take direction and feedback well
- Ability to be punctual with reliable transportation (there is no public transit to our location)
- Fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19
- Willingness to commit to the remainder of the season (with the hope to return in the Spring!)
Monday, Thursday and Friday from now through November, 2022
Hours: 8-9 hours per day (24-27 hours per week)
Compensation: $17.00/hour. We do not have on-farm housing, but we can provide plenty of fresh produce.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.