Website Little Saint Farm
Little Saint Farm in Healdsburg, California is seeking a full-time Crew Member to join our Floral Department for a year-round position. Our new team member will be involved in all aspects of our Flower Farm, including, but not limited to: seeding and nursery work, field prep, transplanting, weeding, harvesting of flower crops, and light construction and irrigation projects.
Our Floral Farm Crew Member will be supervised by the Floral Director, and will work in tandem with them and the Floral Designer to complete daily tasks as they pertain to the ½ acre flower farm.
Compensation is $20+ per hour (DOE). Crew Members are eligible to sign-up for company sponsored health benefits after sixty days of employment.
Little Saint Farm is an ecologically-beneficial vegetable and cut flower farm in Healdsburg, CA. We are connected to a local restaurant, Little Saint, that features our produce and flowers.
Started in the fall of 2020, we have converted about three acres of what was previously grape vines into a diversity of annual vegetables, cut flowers, perennial crops, and beneficial perennial hedgerows. We use minimal tillage (only occasionally power-harrowing compacted soil) and are committed to implementing practices to improve our soil quality.
- Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic and reliable, a good problem solver, an effective communicator, capable of working well alone or in a group, a fast learner, able to move from one task to another with ease, and able to work in the heat! They must be comfortable working and existing in a queer-friendly space.
- Previous farm experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
- You must be able to lift 50 pounds and be on your feet all day. We do our best to take care of our bodies, yet this is a physically demanding position. There will be days that consist mostly of monotonous physical tasks like spreading compost and clearing beds.
- You must be eligible to work in the US, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability for an in-person interview is strongly preferred. No local housing is offered.
- People of any gender, race, sexual orientation or religion are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume with two professional references and a cover letter describing your interest in food and farming to our general manager: samantha (at) littlesaintfarm.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com