Website Marin Agricultural Land Trust
To permanently protect Marin’s agricultural land for ag use
The Director of Events and Community Outreach will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing events and outreach at MALT. The Director will lead a matrixed, cross-functional team that will deliver an array of events and outreach, both in-person and online, that will reflect how donors, partners, the agricultural community, volunteers, leaders, and the public experience our conservation and stewardship work on the land and in the community. Authentic, credible, and unique experiences are a powerful way for our community to see and feel the farms and ranches we protect and steward to accomplish MALT’s mission.
The Director of Events and Community Outreach will report directly to the Deputy Director, and will manage a team of one (1) to three (3) staff and a large, growing group of volunteers. This is a full-time, exempt position with a flexible schedule that accommodates in-person and remote-work schedules, requiring weekly presence in MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station and in the West Marin community, and working some evenings and weekends. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of related events planning and production experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing a portfolio of events, including contract and vendor management, planning and delivery of budgets, etc.
- Creative, resourceful, able to turn a vision into reality.
- Flexible, adaptive, and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational and advanced planning skills.
- Fosters an environment of creative and professional growth among a diverse team of staff, board, donors, volunteers.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills, as well as being a clear and consistent communicator.
- Experience managing staff and teams, collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Extensive project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, efficiently manage time and meet deadlines.
- High integrity, high-performance, demonstrated initiative and achievement toward goals.
- Experience using electronic planning tools/platforms.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers, leveraging their passion, skills, and expertise to benefit the organization.
- Experience cultivating and managing relationships with staff, volunteers, community members, program participants, partners, and donors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Google Suite, preferred experience with Monday.com and Slack.
- Experience with CRM, data management, tracking, preferred experience with Blackbaud/NXT.
The Director will work collaboratively with our Development team, our Conservation team, and our Communications team to develop and deliver compelling experiences on the land and in the community, as well as virtual events, for donors, prospects, and broader audiences. This role will oversee event programming and logistics for organization-wide meetings and/or special events, and be a key thought partner in how we deepen the relationship between MALT and our agricultural community, volunteer leaders, donors and partners. They will be responsible for ensuring the engagement work is a collaborative and well-integrated effort across the organization, including organizing relevant internal communications and integrating current marketing and brand messaging and priorities across all events. The Director will leverage constructive and effective relationships with a wide range of people, including staff, volunteers, the agricultural community, and vendors.
- Be the strategic and creative lead, manager, and implementer for conception and implementation of awareness and engagement events across multiple experience areas: land tours, salons, farm tours and hikes, thought leadership events, organizational and partnership convenings, and virtual events (e.g. webinars, virtual cheese tastings)
- Serve on the organizational leadership team, being a cross-functional thought partner and resource for staff and board members
- Define creative vision and goals for each event, create rich agendas with exemplary execution to meet those objectives, then measure and refine.
- Prepare key collaborators and stakeholders for their roles and participation in events.
- Manage and develop a team of internal and external stakeholders to deliver programs with consistency and impact (~20 events per year of varying sizes, mostly in Marin County, a few in the greater Bay Area).
- Work with the Communications team to develop theming, support branding, and translate event content for other owned channels (web, social, PR); produce print and digital event assets including invitations, electronic communications, programming, website registration, menus, signage, and related collateral.
- Work in close collaboration with the Development team to create attractive and effective opportunities to move prospects and donors through a pipeline of content-driven engagement opportunities; deliver audience tailored event experiences.
- Develop and administer budget, evaluate results and develop corrective strategies, as needed.
- Track and analyze responses and engagement to gain insight to achieve greater impact with subsequent events and activities.
- Ensure that gift and programmatic commitments, policies and procedures, and financial standards are met and managed for ethical compliance.
- Manage volunteer program, engaging scores of volunteers in supporting events, engagement and development efforts.
- Manage the community business partnerships program to cultivate, fundraise, recognize and fulfill benefits for partners and provide recognition opportunities at events.
- Manage the community sponsorships program, making grants to community-based organizations which make an impact and help further MALT’s mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of frequently sensitive information.
- Minimize risk and ensure legal compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
- Manage strategic initiatives through collaboration with stakeholders in order to enhance performance in accordance with short and long-term objectives.
- Travel frequently and likely to work irregular hours and some weekends.
PAY & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, exempt position with a flexible schedule that accommodates in-person and work-from-home schedules, requiring some weekly presence in MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station, the West Marin community. Salary $120K – $130K
FSA Child Care
Paid Time Off
403 (b) Employer Match
Employee Assistance Program
To apply for this job please visit maltorg.bamboohr.com.