Website pellegriniwine Pellegrini-Olivet Lane
Pellegrini-Olivet Lane is a renowned multigenerational family-owned winery & estate vineyard, located in the heart of the Russian River Valley in Sonoma County. The Pellegrini family purchased the 70-acre orchard in 1972, converting 60 acres to vineyard land by 1975. Our heirloom Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vines have been a coveted source of grapes by many luminary winemakers for decades, many of whom have contracted rows that we custom farm for. We produce and bottle our estate wines in our onsite 40,000 case winery, which we share with a tenant and custom crush clients. In addition to wine, we produce estate olive oil from our mature olive trees and are committed to expanding our olive orchard in the years to come.
Vineyard Associate participates in all daily farming operations, ensuring optimal vine health & fruit development throughout the growing season. Pruning, thinning, leafing. Trellis and irrigation repairs. Sampling soil, plant, and fruit ripeness. Help with field records and crop estimates. Experience operating and maintaining tractors, implements, well pumps, frost, and irrigation systems. Knowledge of viticulture, nutrient needs, pest prevention, sustainable and organic farming practices. When extra hands are needed, may be asked to assist with other property & winery activities such as planting trees, fence repairs, bottling days, and other general maintenance projects.
Vineyard Associates work as part of a small crew which reports to our Vineyard Foreman, supported by our Assistant GM/Winemaker and property owner. Additional outside contracted crew help is brought in during peak season activities, scheduled with our longtime vineyard manager, Arturo Robeldo Jr. (now VineCru).
• 2+ years experience working in vineyards.
• Fluent in Spanish.
• 21+ years old.
• Valid California driver’s license and be insurable by the company.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 60lbs. Able to handle all general farm activities including, but not limited to, negotiating uneven terrain, working in all weather conditions, able to easily bend, twist, stand for long periods of time.
• Willing to work nights & weekends during the harvest peak season.
• Hourly DOE: $20-24/hour.
• Full Time Benefits:
• Health / Dental / Vision 100% company sponsored for employee
• Paid Sick Time, Holidays & Vacation
• Employee discount (50%)
• Start time: Immediate
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com