Website Singing Frogs Farm
Work at the forefront of the Regenerative Agriculture
Founded in 2007, we are the original no-till, agroecological, intense and diversified market farm with multiple awards. Since 2010, we have implemented and taught our award-winning no-till methodology globally. Those who have worked on our farm have gone off to start their own no-till farms from Australia and Japan to Arizona, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and definitely California or gone into soil science, advocacy and more. We have tremendously rich, nutrient dense soil with high, stable soil carbon levels. We grow a wide variety of vegetables, fruit and flowers year round for sale through local farmers’ markets, our CSA, and restaurants. Our farm consists of 2.5 acres of intensive production on a beautiful 8 acre property with supporting hedgerows, ponds, and bountiful wildlife.
Our team consists of a wide variety of full and part-time farm crew members totally 6-9 FTEs depending on the season who are experienced, highly self-motivated, work well in teams or alone, are responsible for managing and problem solving the many aspects of daily farm work and have fun together. Farmers Elizabeth and Paul manage in the background.
We are currently looking for someone to start late summer and continuing into 2023. We have found that July and August are an amazing time to hire, get someone in for the end of summer/fall crunch and into winter. At Singing Frogs Farm we farm year-round and as such do not hire seasonally.
Farm Crew tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Intensive, No-Till Bed Clearing, Preparation & Transplanting
- Harvesting, Washing & Packing
- Farmers’ Markets Sales
- Nursery Propagation
- Irrigation Systems Management
- Maintenance of barn, greenhouse, hoop houses, hedgerows, fruit trees, etc.
Strong candidates should have:
- Strong desire to learn and promote small-scale, regenerative practices
- Experience working on a small scale farm with no-till experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Open to learning new systems
- Flexible, dynamic and a self-starter
- Able to move quickly and effectively
- Able to make independent decisions and yet work well in groups
- Hard-working, competent and task-oriented
- Able to do physical work under a wide variety of weather conditions
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Able to get stuff done!
To be considered for this position, please send a resume, list of relevant references, and short cover letter focusing on your interest in and skills specifically related to work at Singing Frogs Farm.
Candidates being considered for the position will be interviewed, and possibly invited to the farm for a paid one or two day working interview or “trial days”.
There will be a 30 day probationary period followed by a review. Those interested in digging deep into learning no-till, agroecological market farming will be moved through several leadership roles.
Pay starts at $17-22 per hour depending on position, responsibilities and prior experience.
On-farm housing currently full but may become available. COVID vaccination required.
Please send your applications via e-mail to: info [at] singingfrogsfarm [dot] com
Singing Frogs Farm practices affirmative action to recruit and advance qualified people of color, women and LGBTQ people.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com