Website Solana Center for Environmental Innovation
Join our award-winning organization to lead change for environmental action in the region. Through outreach and consulting, our dedicated team serves as a critical resource for San Diego County on issues and practices involving soil, water, and waste. Solana Center is a non-profit organization. We have worked with people of all ages and backgrounds to support climate resilience since 1983.
Duties and Responsibilities
Solana Center seeks a results- and detail-oriented and organized individual with proven contract administration experience to join our team. The Contracts Manager will coordinate all existing contract relationships, working closely with the Executive Director, other members of the Management Team, and our Accountant. This person will be responsible to measure contract progress – updating reporting and invoicing systems, reviewing and recommending time entry modifications to timesheets for optimal alignment with contract tasks, preparing invoices, and performing budget-tracking.
The position will involve identifying and implementing process improvements in data collection and processing. The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker with the ability to design and follow through with detailed changes. This position will assist in, and over time, will directly manage client relationships – assessing current contracts, negotiating amendments and renewals, and communicating those requirements to Solana Center staff.
If you like creating efficiency improvement, carving out your own space, working collaboratively with staff to drive organization-wide progress, and growing with the role, then this position may be for you!
Contracts Manager Role
- Oversee contract planning, invoicing, and reporting
- Work with members of the management team to define and communicate contract requirements and tasks internally for Solana Center staff to implement
- Negotiate reallocation of budget amongst tasks with clients as needed, if permissible within the contract
- Manage hourly task tracking to stay within approved allocations
- Manage details of the budget, with support from division managers, to ensure work meets budget allocations
- Attend client monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Contribute to preparation of responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Develop proposals for new service contracts
- Analyze costs and calculate pricing for RFPs and proposals Solana Center for Environmental Innovation
- Create contract budgets and participate in financial reporting
- Implement processes for managing priorities and effective workflows through tools such as ClickTime and Asana
- Oversight and delegation of month-end invoicing tasks to the Internal Operations Lead Required
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working independently
- Experienced collaborator able to work with diverse groups including all staff, contract administrators, and community partners
- Strong computer skills, with deep experience using MS Excel and Word
- Capability to explain contract terms and conditions to all staff
- Exceptional written and oral communicator
- Experience working with non-profits and environmental education
- Experience in risk assessment
This position reports to the Executive Director. It is for hourly employment starting at $28.25/hour with benefits. The role averages 30 hours/week. The position may be extended to full-time. Telecommuting and flexible work hours are part of our culture. Mileage will be reimbursed at the current federal rate for work-related travel.
If you’re excited about this position, but feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply — we are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate about our mission, do outstanding work, and are committed to furthering the impact of the organization.
Solana Center for Environmental Innovation is an Equal Opportunity employer. Diversity is responsible for much of our innovation-driven programming; we encourage any and all qualified candidates.
Please send a cover letter/email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com