Spork Food Hub
Spork is a Food Hub.
Spork Food Hub is located in Davis , Ca. The mission of Spork Food Hub is to support the development of a robust and nourishing local food economy while providing the highest quality fruits and vegetables to those who need them most. Our vision is to serve the regional market by knitting together a diverse community of
local farmers and institutional food service entities while maintaining the integrity of our sourcing as we grow. Spork Food hub sells mainly to institutions including over 25 school districts, health care facilities and prisons. We also offer on on site retail farmstand to the community of Davis. In addition to the food hub, we also operate a 5 acre farm for the last 9 years. While this job is mainly food hub duties, this may also include assisting in farm field trips for K-12 students. Job duties are listed below:
* pack weekly mini CSA bags for a local school and distribute to 4 different school sites.
* Set up and work weekly farm stand at our Davis location. This also includes tear down of the farmstand.
* Create weekly social media posts and promote the farmstand weekly
* Help lead the “healthy farm snack ” station or other station in farm field trips. This station leads a group to make a seasonal snack using farm produce. Other stations include harvest, planting and getting to know farm animals.
* Create weekly social media posts promoting the farms we work with or School Nutrition staff.
* Market farm field trips by distributing flyers to local schools
* Respond to emails requesting farm field trips and schedule them through our Calendly app.
* Attend tabling or marketing events to represent Spork. This may require occasional weekends.
* Conduct lunch time taste testing with seasonal produce at local schools.
This job is 75% remote. The right fit must be self motivated and be able to thrive in a remote work setting. Excellent communication skills are a must. This is a Monday- Friday work week, with occasional events on the weekends. Must be able to work 12pm-8pm on Wednesdays for Farm stand , but in general this is a 9am-5pm position.
The ideal candidate would :
* Be able to lift 50# consistently
* Have clean driving record, and be able to pass a background check if requested
* Be comfortable driving our cargo or high top van.
* Be self motivated, have good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Education background is a plus.
* Farm or Ag experience is a plus.
* Knowledge of produce and how it is used is also a plus.
* Good customer service skills.
* Knowledge of social media and how to create content
This is considered a full time entry level position with room to grow. We offer six paid sick days a year. This position starts at $20/ hr . Please send inquiry and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Sporkfoodhub@gmail.com