Website Tahoe Food Hub
We are a food hub committed to supporting small family farms
Tahoe Food Hub
Tahoe Food Hub is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Truckee, CA. We were founded in 2013 to be a hub for local, sustainably grown food. Our mission is to provide a food system that supports regenerative and sustainable farming practices by increasing access to local food in North Lake Tahoe. By addressing local food access challenges at a system level, we create a hub for local food. A local food system benefits diversified family farms looking for fair market opportunities while increasing access to local food for our mountain community.
Operations and Administration Manager
The Operations and Administration Manager is a core team member at Tahoe Food Hub, responsible for key tasks including Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, and Facility and Fleet Maintenance. The Operations and Administration Manager will also work closely with additional TFH staff to collaborate on tasks related to fundraising, grant management, and the operation of TFH’s farm-to-market program.
● Manage all HR functions for the organization, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, reviewing, and terminating employees if needed
● Manage employee benefit packages
● Oversee processing of bi-weekly payroll
● Create weekly employee work schedule in consultation with key TFH staff members
● Review and revise the Employee Handbook/Manual as needed
Finance and Accounting
● Create and monitor the organization’s Annual Operating Budget
● Report regularly on the status of the organization’s financials to the Finance Subcommittee of Board of Directors
● Work with the bookkeeper to ensure all revenues and expenses are properly coded to ensure accurate monthly profit and loss and balance sheet reports
● Work with accountant for accurate year-end reports and submission of annual 990 report to IRS
Facilities and Fleet Maintenance
● Develop and monitor daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance checklist and calendar
● Coordinate with the Airport Maintenance Department and private contractors for any necessary repairs
● Manage Information Technology systems and coordinate with private contractors to repair or upgrade current systems as needed
● Manage all logistics in running trucks for both farmer pick-up and delivery routes, including working with cold storage landlords to streamline systems as needed
● Manage truck service schedules, including tire rotations, oil changes and general maintenance
● Manage all DOT, CHP and Motor Carrier Specialist certifications.
● Review and refine food safety plans for proper handling
Farm to Market Program
● Collaborate with the Program and Communications Manager to understand the tasks, timeline, and budget required to run TFH’s farm-to-market program
● As needed, depending on staff capacity, help with weekly tasks related to the farm to market program
Fundraising and Grant Management
● Working with a grantwriter, TFH staff, and/or board members, produce organizational budgets and financial reports for grant applications and reports
● Process donations and send tax receipts to donors
● Additional tasks, as assigned
Reporting and Position Development
● Serve as a liaison with the Board of Directors, producing reports, analytics, and recommendations as requested for Board meetings
● Build and maintain a responsibilities file, documenting key processes, systems, accounts, and relationships required to fulfill the Operations and Administration Manager role
The ideal candidate will have experience in budgeting and financial management, administration, HR, and non-profit management. Experience with food distribution and/or agricultural production is a plus but not required. Excellent attention to detail, organization, customer relations, and the ability to manage competing deadlines are essential. This position is located in Truckee, California
Compensation and Benefits
The Operations and Administration Manager is a full-time, hourly position paid at a rate of $22-$27 an hour, depending on experience. Benefits Tahoe Food Hub is proud to offer include two weeks of paid vacation, two paid personal days, and three paid sick days per year (as required by California Labor Law). Health benefits include major medical expenses paid 100% by the employer. All employees receive a 25% discount on all purchases made at the Farmacy.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by September 20, 2023. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com