The #1 farm management software for small-scale diversified farm
Tend is the first software platform of its kind with powerful tools for managing a small scale diversified farm. Tend utilizes advanced data analytics and a cloud-based platform to enable farmers to crop plan, keep records, manage daily operations, managing sales, and bring their farm business online. Read more about us at www.tend.com.
About the role
We are looking for someone to help share Tend’s powerful tools with thousands of small-scale farmers across the globe, playing a pivotal role in changing our food system for the better. Your success will expand Tend’s global reach- helping thousands of farmers successfully run diversified, sustainable operations. We need someone who is a skilled brand storyteller and creative writer to build a passionate brand for passionate farmers. You’ll be on the ground level of shaping a successful marketing strategy, including campaign development, user acquisition, digital advertising, content marketing, retention strategy, SEO, and optimization. The marketing representative will be responsible for establishing and implementing strategic communication plans designed to capitalize on market opportunities and generate demand in Tend. The ideal candidate will creatively communicate our brand while building brand awareness and reputation. Marketing will build a creative, integrated, and multichannel plan that provides a steady flow of sales leads and measures the return on marketing program investments. We are a small start-up, so we are looking for someone who enjoys a start-up environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and have impeccable communication skills. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainable, diversified food systems and our mission to improve the lives of small-scale farmers.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Depending on your experience, compensation can range 55k-100k annual salary per year. As we grow, compensation can grow.
Remote | Tend | Full time
Who you are
• Experience: At least 3 years in a similar role with comparable goals and responsibilities (farming and/or agricultural related background, strongly preferred)
• Education: Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or a similar field, preferred
• Skills: You must be an excellent writer, communicator, someone who understands how to frame a message in a clear, concise, and compelling way. You must also understand the mechanics of an efficient, effective Marketing campaign. Proficient in using popular tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Instagram, Facebook Ads Manager, Intercom, Hubspot and WordPress
• Characteristics: You are a storyteller at heart, capable of shifting between a variety of writing styles: technical, academic, informative, emotional, creative, journalistic and business. This is an autonomous position, so you should be self-sufficient, self-motivated, and self-initiated. You must have attention to detail and follow through. It’s also a creative role, so you have to be able to gracefully receive criticism and feedback about your work. Ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with a fast-paced, start up environment.
What you will do
As a Marketing Specialist, you’ll meet the initiative’s strategic needs on your own, experimenting, learning, and adjusting as you go. Along your journey to grow our brand’s audience and reach, you’ll be responsible for:
• Designing a comprehensive and aligned strategic marketing plan
• Implementing the plan with the assistance of manager/stakeholders
• Measuring and reporting on campaign results
• Sculpting informative, entertaining, digestible articles that audiences can’t stop reading.
• Crafting persuasive, laser-focused content that compels our target audience to take valuable actions.
• Pulling prospects through each stage of our marketing funnel, gradually warming them up for a productive conversation with sales
• Identifying market segmentation, targeting and positioning for Tend’s products
• Growing our collective knowledge of marketing trends, developments, and best practices
• Curating our marketing budget, including purchasing targeted ad spend on well-performing platforms
• Envisioning internal marketing systems, building collateral and sales support tools
• Evaluating new media technologies such as blogs, social media, video, webcasts ect.
• Enhance/collaborate on Customer Relationship Management processes & technologies
• Assisting with the development and improvement of customer education materials, solving for the customer
Tend is an equal opportunity employer
Tend is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.