Website Terra Cultura
A nonprofit educational eco-arts farm
Terra Cultura is a 501c3 nonprofit educational eco-arts farm whose mission is to strengthen community resilience through education and collaboration in agroecology, sustainable living, and the arts. We facilitate hands-on learning and cooperative projects that strengthen our food systems, environment, and communities.
We are seeking a part time Land and Farm Assistant to assist with the rehabilitation, management, and maintenance of 5.65 acres in Aromas, Ca using agroecological methods.
- Assist with field preparations for row crops using no till, carbon sequestering methods including compost application, cover cropping, laying mulch, weeding, etc.
- Maintain the starting of seeds in the greenhouse, and their care
- Assist with planting, crop care, and harvesting of row crops
- Assist with expansion of growing areas and continued rehabilitation of the land
- Develop and implement organic integrated pest management plan for crops and growing areas as required
- Assist with property maintenance on site including upkeep of structures and infrastructure, care of tools, procuring of necessary supplies.
We are currently offering two positions of 10 hours/week (2 days/week), at an hourly rate of $15/hour. Perks include produce and eggs as available.
Some experience in ecological land management/farming preferred, basic skills in carpentry and irrigation systems a plus, interest or experience in education a plus. A willingness to collaborate and learn from the land alongside us is key, and we’re willing to cater to the right person’s skills and interests, and train as needed.
Terra Cultura welcomes all people into our community, embracing and encouraging diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to race, ancestry, place or origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, philosophy, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, physical and mental ability, socio-economic status. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
If interested, send us a copy of your resume to info[at]terracultura.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com