The Florida State Fair Authority
This is a Full Time Job Monday Thru Friday and some weekends. 7am-3pm most days.
Our Full Time Equestrian Maintenance Techs ensure proper maintenance of FSFA grounds including preparation of arenas and campgrounds, maintenance of equipment, and daily communication with Fair patrons.
Full Time employees of the FSFA enjoy such benefits as medical, dental, vision, term life, short term disability insurances and a retirement 457 savings plan with a generous employer match. Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off is also available to full-time employees.
1. Guarantee proper use and care of equipment while maintaining the grounds and supporting horse shows.
2. Ensure the accuracy of which equipment to use for each job and project.
3. Deliver service excellence by maintaining high standards of work and following safety procedures when cutting grass, operating a weed eater, cleaning stalls, maintaining barns, maintaining the rings, maintaining the irrigation system, assisting with set-up and take down of shows, maintaining cleanliness of Announcer’s Tower and Pavilion, including all restrooms, and maintaining roads and parking areas adjacent to complex.
4. Ensure proper procedures are completed with taking down shows and cleanup responsibilities.
5. Other various duties as needed.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer.
High School diploma or equivalent. One to two years of work related experience, preferably in a facilities or grounds keeping environment. Valid Driver’s License required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of operation of tractors, loaders, lawn equipment, irrigation equipment and sound equipment.
• High levels of efficiency in prioritizing jobs and a strong attention to detail
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service and reliability
• Knowledge of landscaping and dragging arenas.
• Ability to work flexible hours including, but not limited to, early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Teamwork * Positive Patron Experience * Customer Service * Efficiency/Effectiveness
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Duties are performed primarily in an outdoor setting. Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, and lift or move (more than 20 pounds). Environment conditions include wet/humid, working near mechanical parts, working in high, precarious places, being exposed to outdoor weather conditions, and extreme temperatures (non-weather).
*** Job descriptions will be reviewed and are subject to changes of business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.