Website The Restaurant at Meadowood
The Restaurant’s Culinary Farm grows unique, seasonally appropriate crops using organic and sustainable techniques on 3.5 acres. Emphasis is placed on experimentation with new crops and varieties, new growing and cultivation methods, and the utilization of all edible portions of the plant and the plant’s life-cycle. The culinary farmer position offers an extremely unique work and learning experience. The culinary gardener will learn a wide range of responsibilities on the farm during their tenure with the goal of developing a well-rounded market farming skillset and an a full understanding of a farm to restaurant relationship.
Farmer’s responsibilities include:
• Assist in all regular garden tasks including harvest, planting, weeding, bed preparation, and general maintenance
• Become familiar with different crop varieties and harvest standards
• Periodic deliveries to kitchens/outlets
• Assisting in the care for our laying poultry flock
• Speak fluent English and be able to lift at least 50lbs.
• Be able to perform physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Interact and communicate well with garden and kitchen staff
• Previous gardening/farming experience is preferred but certainly not necessary
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org