The Sea Ranch Lodge is seeking a Farm Supervisor to join our team!
The Farm Supervisor’s duties include:
- To be able to analyze existing operations, crops, livestock, staff and financial documents.
- To prepare plans and schedules for planting and harvesting.
- To visit the different areas of the Farm to inspect crops, livestock and perform tests on soil and water.
- To ensure seeds, fertilizers, livestock feed, hay, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Travel as required, for animal harvests, feed pickups, etc.
- To schedule repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- To oversee the mushroom cultivation program.
- To ensure the health of all animals scheduling vet appointments as needed.
- To communicate with The Lodge culinary team on demand for produce, meat and eggs.
- To schedule deliveries to The Lodge.
- To manage compost program.
- To assist with the recruitment and training of new team members.
- To collaborate with Director of Facilities to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- To maintain supply of parts and repair tools.
- To use proper safety measures when operating any equipment, according to OSHA regulations and company requirements. Knowledgeable of fire and emergency procedures.
- To ensure safe work practices of Farm Team including compliance with company and departmental safety rules and regulations and the proper use and handling of all relevant equipment.
- To ensure proper handling, storage, and labeling of all hazardous chemicals in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- To always maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas and equipment.
- To represent and market The Sea Ranch Lodge, Links & Farm in a positive and professional manner as requested and continually promote TSRL internally and externally by attending special events when requested and building relationships both on and off property.
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of The Sea Ranch Lodge, Links & Farm.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions and avoid injury.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous experience in farming and supervision of Farm Team required. Knowledge of farming practices desired. Must be able to read, speak and write English and be able to follow simple verbal directions. Able to perform simple calculations, required when measuring materials or spaces. Must be able to read and interpret simple blueprints related to property maintenance. Experienced with basic hand tools and power tools used to perform assigned duties. Basic vehicle and equipment mechanical skills. Must have a valid driver’s license for the state of California. Ability to safely connect, tow, and back up trailers.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Safety-minded. High quality standards for production and service. Courteous, friendly manner and team player. Customer service focus. Able to work with little supervision. Trustworthy and reliable.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works primarily outdoors. Works in all areas inside and outside of the property. Exposed to weather conditions en route to and while performing work.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Stands and walks moderate to long distances throughout shift. Bends, stoops, and reaches to perform routine job tasks. Strength, flexibility, and good reflexes needed to operate staging and mechanized material moving devices, and to operate power-driven machinery. Regularly required to handle and move objects weighing up to 80 lbs. over short distances.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 – $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org