Website University of California Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education Program
Under the general supervision of the Food & Society Coordinator and Director at the UC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program (SAREP), the Sustainable Supply Chain Analyst will work primarily within UC SAREP’s Food & Society Research Initiative. The position is responsible for the design and implementation of both research and educational programming on topics related to community and regional food distribution systems and agricultural sustainability and viability. Key activities include:
- Design and conduct research on food system trends, local markets and marketing, regional distribution and aggregation, institutional purchasing, and small farm viability and sustainability.
- Design, carry out, and manage community education programs related, but not limited, to expanding access to markets for small/mid-scale and sustainable food producers, increasing access to locally grown and/or nutritious food for individuals and institutions, food safety training for farmers, food hubs, and values-based supply chain businesses.
- Play a lead role coordinating the CA Food Hub Network, a peer-to-peer practitioner learning network hosted by UC SAREP
- Contribute to the planning and development of new sustainable supply chain projects and research, including applying for federal and private grants to secure funding for continued research and educational programming.
- Successfully interface with a wide-range of stakeholders and collaborators (NGOs, industry groups, policymakers), particularly with UC Cooperative Extension colleagues.
- Serve as a community resource in the topical areas mentioned above; draft written reports and contribute to food and agricultural industry articles and articles for academic literature; present at professional and practitioner meetings and conferences based on research results.
This position is a career appointment that is 100% fixed.
Annual Salary: Min: $58,500/year to Mid: $83,400/year
Job Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled – First round of applications will be pulled on 10/10/2022
Please read the full job description at: https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucanr/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=17&JobOpeningId=42052&PostingSeq=1
To apply for this job please visit careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu.