Website USDA - Farm Service Agency
Federal Agency providing assistance to American Farmers
The San Benito County Farm Service Agency (FSA) office in Hollister is hiring a full time Temporary Program Technician. A great opportunity for someone who has a passion to help their local farmers and ranchers!
Temporary County Office Program Technician (PT) located in the San Benito County FSA office in Hollister. Appointment not to exceed 180 days. Full-Time Position, Bilingual Spanish-English Preferred.
The Mission of the Farm Service Agency County Office County Offices are the direct link between the Farm Service Agency (FSA) and local farmers and ranchers. County Offices are responsible for administering Agency programs at the local level, for providing guidance and assistance to program participants and others, and for leading outreach efforts to explain and promote Agency programs through public events and media presentations.
Carrying out office activities and functions pertaining to one or more of the program areas administered in the county..
Interpreting and explaining procedures, program regulations and forms to producers and other agency personnel.
Utilizing various web-based software applications to maintain producer data and processing automated forms.
Using a high degree of initiative and judgment in planning and carrying out assigned tasks and resolving problems encountered.
How to Qualify
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONS CAREFULLY. Attach your responses on a separate piece of paper:
1. Describe your ability to communicate orally being sure to include specific examples.
2. Describe your ability to communicate in writing being sure to include specific examples.
3. Describe your ability to identify and resolve problems. Be sure to include specific examples explaining the situation you encountered, the action you took, and the resolution you achieved.
4. Describe your knowledge of FSA farm programs and practices including details regarding how you obtained this knowledge.
5. Describe your skill in using computers being sure to include software you are proficient with, specific tasks performed, and how or where you obtained these skills.
6. Describe your customer service skills and provide specific examples regarding various situations where you have utilized these skills.
Applications may be picked up in person, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm at the FSA Office in the USDA Service Centers at 2337 Technology Pkwy, Hollister, CA 95023.
Applications are also available on our website at: http://www.fsa.usda.gov/Internet/FSA_File/fsa0675.pdf
A completed and signed official application Form FSA-675, MUST be submitted by close of business (4:30 PM) on 09/25/2023 .
Completed applications can be submitted in person or by USPS or email to:
To apply for this job please visit www.fsa.usda.gov.