Website West County Community Farm
Community supported vegetable, flower, and culinary herb farm
Field crew members help seed, cultivate, and harvest all of the food, flowers, and herbs we grow. Spring field crew tasks entail prepping and establishing the u-pick garden and spring veg fields; performing big greenhouse seedings and field plant-outs; and prepping the barn for CSA harvest season. June through October consists of 3-4 days of harvesting a week, washing & packing produce, weeding, renovating beds, and transplanting. September through December see the big harvests (storage onions, carrots, potatoes, heirloom corn, winter squash) as well as the establishment of next year’s strawberries, garlic, and cover crop. Interested field crew members will also have opportunities to run CSA pick-up. This is a great position for someone interested in deepening their experience in all aspects of diversified organic vegetable production on a close knit team in a thriving CSA community.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideal applicant will have at least 1 year of experience on a vegetable farm or experience in another fast-paced physical trade
- A love of physical labor is essential, as is a love of being outdoors in all kinds of weather
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and stay focused over long physical days in all weather conditions
- Excellent communication skills: The ability to take instruction and ask for input when needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly, and to squat and kneel for long hours
- The willingness to be flexible and apply oneself where needed
- The ability to commit to a full season
Compensation & Schedule
- $17/ hr + DOE
- 35-45 hours a week March or April through November
This is a seasonal position with opportunity for growth into a year-round position. Onsite housing is not available at this time. Applicants must have access to reliable transportation. An in-person interview is required. We hire people that can commit to the full season. Positions can be competitive, so folks applying from far away ideally already have plans to relocate to Sonoma County. All positions include paid sick leave and worker’s comp insurance. We cannot accommodate dogs on the farm at this time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with at least two references to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org