In this episode we visit Bai Thao at her farm in Sanger, CA. We learn about Bai’s family history in agriculture and her farming and food safety practices, including water testing and an inventive method for ensuring her tools stay sanitized.
- Hmong history in California: http://www.hmongstory40.org/about-hmongstory-40/
- History of Hmong Farming in Fresno: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0EEVlhvEH8
- Fresno Asian Business Institute & Resource Center (ABIRC) – a nonprofit organization, whose mission is to support and promote strong networks of Asian business owners in the Central CA region, including farmers: https://www.facebook.com/fresnoasianbusinessinstitute/
- CAFF’s Food Safety Templates (some available in Hmong): https://caff.org/food-safety/food-safety-plan-templates/
- FSMA Produce Safety Rule Water Requirements: https://producesafetyalliance.cornell.edu/resources/fsma-produce-safety-rule-water-requirements%c2%a0insights-get-you-organized/