In this episode we visit Shanon and Michael Whamond at their farm in Placer County, CA. We learn about Shanon and Michael’s farming journey, recent challenges and their farm’s food safety practices, including how they maintain produce quality during hot summer days and prevent risk of cross-contamination throughout busy days.
- Hillview Farms website: https://www.hillviewfarmsproduce.com/home
- Hillview Farms Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hillviewfarms/
- Sanidate 5.0 – the sanitizer product mentioned: https://biosafesystems.com/product/sanidate-5/
- CAFF’s Food Safety Templates (including SOPs): https://caff.org/food-safety/food-safety-plan-templates/
- Introduction to Selecting an EPA-labeled Sanitizer from the Produce Safety Alliance: https://producesafetyalliance.cornell.edu/sites/producesafetyalliance.cornell.edu/files/shared/documents/Sanitizer-Factsheet.pdf
- Excel Tool for Selecting a Labeled Sanitizer for Produce from the Produce Safety Alliance (find it under the ‘Sanitation’ heading): https://producesafetyalliance.cornell.edu/resources/general-resource-listing/