In this episode we interview Daniel Karp, Ph.D., Associate Professor at UC Davis studying conservation in working landscapes. Danny describes his research related to wildlife habitat conservation and bird activity on farms, and implications for food safety on produce farms. He also provides risk management considerations for farms with bird activity and resources for farms interested in attracting beneficial birds for their pest control services.
- Daniel Karp’s website with additional information and resources: https://karp.ucdavis.edu/people/daniel-karp/
- Connect with Daniel Karp on Twitter: @DSKarp
- Wild Farm Alliance: https://www.wildfarmalliance.org/
- A Farmer’s Guide to Food Safety and Conservation from Wild Farm Alliance and CAFF: https://www.wildfarmalliance.org/a_farmer_s_guide_to_food_safety_and_conservation_facts_tips_and_frequently_asked_questions
- Wildlife habitat conservation and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA): https://www.wildfarmalliance.org/protecting_wildlife_habitat_through_food_safety_policy
- CAFF’s Food Safety Templates (including Pest Monitoring log): https://caff.org/food-safety/food-safety-plan-templates/
Podcast: Play in new window | Download