In this episode we interview Tyler Stowers, the farm manager at Soil Born Farms in Rancho Cordova, California. We learn about the organization’s history and growth, how they integrate food safety practices into their day-to-day operations as an urban-based education farm and address the food safety saying “never let produce touch the ground”.
- Soil Born Farms website: https://soilborn.org/
- Soil Born Farms Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/soil_born_farms/
- COVID-19 Food Safety Resources: https://caff.org/food-safety-resources/
- CAFF’s Food Safety Templates (including mock recall and recordkeeping templates): https://caff.org/food-safety/food-safety-plan-templates/
- California Urban Agriculture Food Safety Guide: Laws and Standard Operating Procedures for Farming Safely in the City: https://escholarship.org/content/qt2wc7s0q1/qt2wc7s0q1.pdf?t=qod89d