Website Center for Land-Based Learning
About the Center for Land-Based Learning
The mission of the Center for Land-Based Learning is to inspire, educate, and cultivate future generations of farmers, agricultural leaders and natural resource stewards. We achieve this mission by providing experiential education programs for both youth and adults that deliver training in agricultural and environmental job skills, career opportunities, land stewardship, climate friendly practices, entrepreneurship and food access and food security. Our organization values diversity, equity, and belonging and strives to be an inclusive and welcoming community.
The Center for Land-Based Learning is seeking a full-time Alumni Coordinator to lead the alumni outreach and engagement efforts for Center for Land-Based Learning’s California Farm Academy (CFA) programs, which serve aspiring farmers with agricultural training and land access, demonstrate climate beneficial practices, and provide fresh food access in underserved urban areas. This position reports to the CFA Director. The Alumni Coordinator position’s primary goal is to reach out and connect with CFA program alumni, and the Coordinator is responsible for designing and administering surveys, assessing alumni needs, conducting regular meetings with alumni, and organizing alumni events. This position will involve travel across the state and occasionally require overnight stays away from home, and/or occasional work on weekends. This is a hybrid position, based out of the Center for Land-Based Learning’s office at 40140 Best Ranch Road, Woodland, CA, with the ability to work from home a few days a week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and administer annual alumni survey
- Analyze survey data to find out current occupation and identify areas of support for alumni
- Meet with select number of alumni annually
- Organize annual alumni event
- Collect alumni stories to feature in newsletter and social media
- In charge of weekly alumni announcements
- Maintain a repository of land opportunities and send to appropriate alumni
- Gather resources for Alumni – workshops, conferences, input suppliers, market opportunities
- Keep track of program participants who drop out of programs – Apprenticeship, Training Program, Community Ambassadors
- Be comfortable calling different alumni to find out how they are doing, and to keep in touch.
- Maintain a list of ongoing professional development training, or continuing education events
- Create a system for coordinating and tracking ALL of the alumni, between all CFA programs, and developing a way to communicate with all of them
- Participate in California Farm Academy team meetings
- Participate in and support organization-wide events
The Alumni Coordinator should have an interest and passion in supporting the next generation of farmers and agricultural stewards. This person will need to have excellent people skills, demonstrate a growth mindset, show creativity, and have the capacity to work on multiple projects at a time. The Alumni Coordinator should be organized, self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working effectively both alone and with a larger team. Because our office is located in an area without access to reliable public transportation, and because this position requires travel to and from events, we only recommend that applicants with access to a vehicle apply.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, Community Development or related fields
- Minimum 2 years of experience doing outreach, communication, or digital media activities, preferably with non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience with or background knowledge of agriculture and community development
- Comfort calling, emailing, and speaking to a wide range of partners and people
- Excellent digital organization, data management skills, and ability to work on multiple projects
- Experience and skills to work independently or within a team setting as the situation requires
- Moderate to advanced computer skill, especially with Microsoft Office suite, Google G Suite, web browsers, social media, and email
- Valid driver’s license required to fulfill job duties
- Experience with building a new project from the ground up or expanding a program
- Experience working with a non-profit or a community development program
Hours, Benefits, and Compensation
The Alumni Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. The pay range is $23-$26/hour, depending on experience. This position includes medical, vision, and dental benefits, vacation, sick days and 12 paid holidays. CLBL also provides the opportunity to enroll in Flexible Health Spending Accounts, supplemental insurance through Colonial Insurance, and 401(K)/Roth IRA options.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining the unique value you will bring to our organization to Sri Sethuratnam at email@example.com subject: CFA Alumni Coordinator – Last Name. Application review will begin November 6th, 2023 and this position will remain open until filled.
***Equal Employment Opportunity Policy***
The Center for Land-Based Learning provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org