Website Filigreen Farm
About the farm:
Filigreen Farm is nestled on 97 acres in Anderson Valley, Mendocino County, California. It is a Demeter certified Biodynamic and CCOF certified organic diversified farm. Primary farm products include tree fruits, blueberries, vegetables, cut-flowers, olives, wine and table grapes.
The farm sells produce and flowers through an on-site farmstand, direct wholesale relationships with restaurants, grocery stores, florists, schools, as well as through various local food hub partners including FEED Cooperative, Mendo Lake Food Hub, Sonoma Flower Hub, and Spork. The farm takes its cues from the larger ecosystem in which it sits. Most inputs are sourced on-site and year-round experimentation and research are core elements of the farm’s mission.
Flower Crew Member
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person to join the flower crew this season. The farm grows a wide array of annual and perennial cut flowers and greenery with an emphasis on drought hardy, native, and unique species. The farm sells directly to local florists and designers, through the Sonoma Flower Hub and San Francisco Flower Market, and at the farm stand. In addition, the farm also provides in-house design services for weekly accounts and small events. The position will assist in harvesting flowers and greenery, post-harvest handling (including everlasting flowers and herbs), processing for wholesale and retail outlets, forecasting and availability, greenhouse work, and fieldwork (bed-prep, seeding, weeding, pinching, trellising, mulching, etc.). Additional responsibilities will include staffing the farm stand and deliveries.
This is a seasonal position beginning in March and ending in late November.
Pay & Benefits
This is an hourly position $16-$18/hour, DOE
On-farm housing offered with no additional rent or utilities payments
Access to farm produce (fruit, vegetables, and flowers)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Typical work week will consist of 40 hours per week with standard breaks and meal periods.
- Ability to balance time management in self-directed work and collaborative work, and to prioritize tasks efficiently and thoughtfully
- Strong communication skills and open to constructive feedback
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate a variety of activities and projects throughout the day
- Drive a sprinter van
- Artistic ability
- Flexibility and positive attitude
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of crops and horticultural techniques
- Careful post-harvest handling and transportation of product
- Help maintain and improve records of farming tasks and production
- Enthusiasm for gaining knowledge of and competency with organic & biodynamic gardening philosophy and practices
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful, but not required
- A farmer’s sense of humor and humility
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Good communication and interpersonal skills: Active listener with empathetic, respectful communication
- Bend, stand, or kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform farm tasks in inclement weather, including rain or heat up to 95˚F
- Excellent work ethic with innate attention to detail, even while engaged in repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and willingness to seek guidance as needed
- Reliable, prompt, and consistent
Required Education and Experience
At least 1-2 seasons of gardening/farming experience working on a production farm or florist’s shop
Floral design experience
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter explaining what brought you to agriculture and what interests you about working at Filigreen Farm to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org