Website Lost Sierra Food Project
Title: Field Crew
Job Status: Seasonal April-November
Location: Rugged Roots Farm Quincy, California
The Field Crew works closely with the farm manager to operate all aspects of our 2.5 acre educational and production farm, Rugged Roots. They assist the farm manager and other crew members with the production of vegetables, berries and flowers for the farm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support day to day operation of farm and completing farm tasks such as manual planting, weeding, harvesting, washing, and following a planting and harvest plan.
- Assist weekly farm stands and ensure honor system farm stand is stocked daily
- Support farm events and workshops when needed
- Assists with organization and maintenance of all farm materials and produce fridge/walk-in, both farm sheds, keeps work space clean and tidy daily.
- Supports with greenhouse propagation and watering; assists with seeding of field secessions
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a strong alignment with the mission and goals of Lost Sierra Food project and the ability to inspire others to support the work of LSFP
- Farming experience is beneficial but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and volunteers
- Has great interpersonal skills and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds, work in the heat and up to 10 hours per day
About Lost Sierra Food Project
The mission of Lost Sierra Food Project is to increase access of locally grown produce to Plumas County residents, prioritizing underserved populations, providing workforce development programs and delivering educational regenerative farming opportunities. We are a community based non-profit that manages an educational and production farm located in Quincy, CA. The farm practices and teaches regenerative agriculture techniques that view the farm as a holistic ecosystem. We run a farm stand, honor system fridge, subsidized produce for underserved populations, job training programs and hands-on educational opportunities.
Hours: Average 25 hours per week w/ occasional evenings and weekends for farm stand
Compensation: $16/hour, plus access to farm vegetables, herbs and berries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org