Website West County Community Farm
Community supported vegetable, flower, and culinary herb farm
This is a great position for someone interested in deepening their experience in all aspects of diversified organic vegetable, flower, and herb growing on a supportive team in a thriving CSA community.
West County Community Farm is a diversified farm minutes from downtown Sebastopol, CA. We use regenerative practices to grow 8 acres of vegetables, flowers, culinary herbs, and strawberries primarily for our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. All CSA members pick up their produce onsite weekly and enjoy u-pick crops including a strawberry patch and an extensive culinary herb and cut flower garden.
Our Field Crew is the heart of the farm. Field Crew members help seed, cultivate, and harvest all of the food, flowers, and herbs we grow. Spring tasks entail prepping and establishing the u-pick garden and summer vegetable fields; performing big greenhouse seedings and field plant-outs; and prepping the barn for CSA harvest season. June through October consists of 3-4 days of harvesting a week, washing & packing produce, weeding, and Fall crop planting. September through December see the big harvests (storage onions, carrots, potatoes, heirloom corn, winter squash) as well as the establishment of next year’s strawberries, garlic, and cover crop. Interested field crew members will also have opportunities to run CSA pick-up.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideal applicant will have at least 1 year of experience on a vegetable farm or experience in another fast-paced physical trade
- A love of physical labor is essential, as is a love of being outdoors in all kinds of weather
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and stay focused over long physical days in all weather conditions
- Excellent communication skills: The ability to take instruction and ask for input when needed and work as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly, and to squat and kneel for long hours
- The willingness to be flexible and apply oneself where needed
- The ability to commit to a full season
Compensation & Schedule
- $18-$20/ hr D.O.E.
- 35-45 hours a week March or April through December
This is a seasonal position (March through December) with opportunity for growth into a year-round position.
Please visit our website to learn more about the farm and this position. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with at least two references to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org