In this episode we visit Coastal Roots Farm in Encinitas, California. We learn about the farm’s mission to connect agriculture, education and ancient Jewish wisdom. The farmers give us a tour of the food forest, production fields, laying hens and compost production, and describe how food safety plays a role in their day-to-day operations. Listeners can look forward to hearing tips and tricks related to food safety recordkeeping and volunteer and employee training.
- Coastal Roots Farm website: https://coastalrootsfarm.org/
- Coastal Roots Farm Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coastalrootsfarm/
- Washing Machine/Greens Spinner Conversion Guide from University of Vermont: https://blog.uvm.edu/cwcallah/2022/02/24/washing-machine-greens-spinner-conversion-guide/
- CAFF’s Food Safety Templates (including SOP and recordkeeping templates): https://caff.org/food-safety/food-safety-plan-templates/
- California Urban Agriculture Food Safety Guide: Laws and Standard Operating Procedures for Farming Safely in the City: https://escholarship.org/content/qt2wc7s0q1/qt2wc7s0q1.pdf?t=qod89d
Podcast: Play in new window | Download