Dear listeners, click here to listen to our last episode of the season. We hope you enjoy this special episode in Spanish hosted by our podcast producer, Jaime Roque.
In this episode we visit Luna’s Farm, a multi-generational Latinx family farm growing organic vegetables in Hollister, California. Antonio Luna shares about his family’s farm and their agricultural history in the United States, dating back over three decades. We learn how the farm reduces food safety risks through water use, employee training and preharvest assessment for animal intrusion. Antonio also shares advice for other farmers about food safety recordkeeping.
- More about Luna’s Farm: https://veritablevegetable.com/grower/lunas-farm/
- CAFF’s Food Safety Templates in Spanish (including Employee Training, Preharvest assessments and recordkeeping templates): https://caff.org/food-safety-templates-spanish/
- Organics and Food Safety Guide: https://caff.org/organics-and-food-safety/
- More about farming practices that are beneficial for the environment: https://caff.org/ecologicalfarming/
- Have more questions about food safety on your farm? Get in touch with CAFF’s Food Safety staff by emailing Grace at email@example.com